Your privacy is important to Right Time Group of companies, (hereafter referred to as “Right Time”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this policy). The purpose of this policy is to tell you:
- What personal information we collect about you;
- How we use it;
- Whether we disclose it to anybody else;
- How long we keep it;
- How you can request access to your personal information; and
- How you can obtain more information about the privacy policies of Right Time.
Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail address, business telephone number or business facsimile number. It also does not include your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other public directory (including the Internet).
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated Jason Pratt, CFO as our Privacy Officer who will be responsible for our compliance with this policy and with privacy legislation.
Jason Pratt, can be contacted by:
Email: [email protected]
Mail at: 28 Dunkirk road, St Catharines, On, L2R 1A1
How we collect Personal Information
As a current or potential customer, or employee of ours, there are many ways that we could acquire personal information on you. The following includes, but is not limited to, some of the typical ways, and times, we could collect your personal information:
- When you first approach us with a completed application for a credit account, or application for employment. Whether that application reaches us by your hand, mail service, facsimile transmission, or any online computer service.
- If at any time we would assist you to arrange financing to purchase a piece of equipment.
- Anytime you would be contacted by our staff during their ongoing sales efforts to promote business.
- If you would participate in any Right Time surveys, contests, or promotions.
- If you would be hired on as an employee, we would require certain information to have you set up on payroll, drive our company vehicles, and operate our equipment. We would need personal contacts in case of emergency. If you participate in our group benefit program, or any group retirement saving plans we may collect further information.
- Through personal contact, conversations, and personal relationships gained and furthered as we continue day to day business whether you are a customer, or employee.
What Personal information we collect
During the various types of contact, as listed above, we may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address, and facsimile number.
- Your occupation.
- Your driver’s license number, class, and any offenses committed which relate to the license.
- The name of your insurance company, agent, policy number and policy details. Insurance information may relate to property, auto, public liability, and life.
- Your language preference.
- Your date of birth.
- Your criminal record.
- Information about family members.
- Financial and credit information and history, on you and or family members as related to our business relationship.
- Health information as required for any insurance transactions, and or payroll.
- Your social insurance number.
- Except for requirements of payroll, provision of your social insurance number is optional. However, you should be aware that most Credit Reporting Agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
The Security of your Personal Information is Important to us. Your personal information is used by us only for the purposes identified below and access to your personal information is limited to those employees of Right Time who need to have access to it.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used by us to assist in providing products and services to you, in ways such as (but not limited to): obtaining a credit report or establishing credit worthiness, assist in finding financing for a particular deal, assist us in the collection of our accounts receivable, to contact you for the purpose of marketing.
In the case of an employee relationship we will use the information for payroll purposes, such as tax and benefit allocations. The information we have on you may indicate your ability through training or education that you can perform certain functions safely and within guidelines of the department of labour.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe that holding such information is crucial or useful to maintain our association in a business relationship. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
What can you do if you want to limit the use to which we put your Personal Information?
We collect only the amount of Personal Information on you, which we feel is required to complete our business relationship, however, if you want to limit our use or disclosure of any information please contact our Privacy Officer in writing. We will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use of, or disclosure of information of concern.
You can request Access to your Personal Information
You have a right to access the personal information which we have about you, and to request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate, be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact our Privacy Officer in writing, who will be pleased to assist you.
If you have further questions or concerns
Should you require further information on our handling of the PIPED (Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act) please contact our Privacy Officer in a manner as described above.